Maria Stella Penaloza Mora from Los Patios, Norte de Santander, Colombia
We aim to connect you with each artisan, their culture, their traditions, their family and their dreams!
Stellita makes toys to help kids connect with the Colombian culture. Her Wayunquerra dolls with their distinctive face paintings; iconic Palenquera fruit seller dolls; and South American animal bunting are totally unique!
The interactive dolls have removable clothes, little crochet bags and even earrings! Kids can learn about diversity through play and those with thick hair and dark skin can find identity with these beautiful dolls.
Stellita hand stitches the toys using fabric scraps from industrial manufacturing, making these products environmentally friendly and sustainable. Your purchase promotes the preservation of indigenous and ancestral traditions and culture, whilst providing financial security to Maria in doing work that she clearly loves.
Products: Waynquerra dolls, Palenquera fruit seller dolls, animal bunting and facemasks.
Material: fabric scraps
SHOP YOUR VALUES
Supporting Casa Bonita gives you...
- Power to positively impact the lives of 100’s of indigenous communities in Latin America
- Peace of mind that artisans are paid more than a fair price for their products
- Insight into our culture and how we are continuously working to keep traditions alive
- Knowledge that all our products are ethical, sustainable and cruelty free
- Good karma for supporting women both here in Australia and overseas
...and a colourful, unique and authentic experience when you visit our shop in Seddon!