Rosa Queragama from Risaralda, Colombia
We aim to connect you with each artisan, their culture, their traditions, their family and their dreams!
Sadly, Colombia has the second largest population of internally displaced persons in the world. Rosa’s family were forced to leave their home due to conflict and violence, and now live in Bogota.
This unique beadwork jewellery is still worn throughout Colombia as part of traditional dress. The beautiful designs and colours reflect nature and cultural beliefs. Bracelets are worn by children to protect them from bad spirits.
It’s easy to see the many hours of work that Rosa puts into her jewellery. Your purchase brings her family financial security and the joy of creating something she loves, whilst ensuring that these indigenous ancestral techniques and traditions are preserved and passed on to the next generation.
Products: Earrings, necklaces
SHOP YOUR VALUES
Supporting Casa Bonita gives you...
- Power to positively impact the lives of 100’s of indigenous communities in Latin America
- Peace of mind that artisans are paid more than a fair price for their products
- Insight into our culture and how we are continuously working to keep traditions alive
- Knowledge that all our products are ethical, sustainable and cruelty free
- Good karma for supporting women both here in Australia and overseas
...and a colourful, unique and authentic experience when you visit our shop in Seddon!