We have created our virtual shopping to take you into a really unique cultural shopping experience from the comfort of your own home!
- Browse virtually before shopping - a suggestion for the new retail COVID normal
- Enjoy our one of a kind collections exclusive for our shop
- Find the perfect accessories and home decorations with our personalised service
- Best way to place your bespoke order!
You can also collect your order at the shop Wednesday to Sunday 11am to 2:30pm.
We can't wait to see you online! BOOK HERE
Join us for Day of the Dead!
Dia de Muertos (Day of the Dead) is a UNESCO recognised cultural tradition throughout Latin America to celebrate the lives of the deceased with love and respect.
In Mexican culture, death is viewed as a natural part of the human cycle and Dia de Muertos is not a day of sadness, but a day of life-affirming joy because our loved ones awaken and celebrate with us. During this time, family and friends gather to remember loved ones who have died.
We honour them with a photograph at an altar decorated with skulls and marigolds, and include offerings of their favourite foods and memorabilia.
Pan de Muertos (Bread of the Dead) is a sweet bread scented with orange blossom, traditionally eaten on Day of the Dead. The design represents a skull and crossbones and the bread is baked so the spirits can absorb its essence after their long journey back to visit us.
As we like to say... "You're not dead until people stop talking about you"
Here’s how you can celebrate Day of the Dead with us:
- Join us live on Instagram and Facebook at 6pm on Wednesday 28 October for an exciting Day of the Dead special event, where Ofelia from Morenita & Vanilla will share her famous family recipe for Pan de Muertos (Bread of the Dead) and show how she decorates her altar for Day of the Dead.
- Choose one of our colourful printed photo frames to honour your passed loved ones! Either printed out at home or drop off a printed photo of your passed loved one to us at 80 Charles Street, Seddon and we’ll add them to the altar in our window. Download the photo frame here
- Create your own altar at home with traditional skulls and paper marigolds from Casa Bonita.
- Order one of our Kits that include the delicious Pan de Muertos (Bread of the Dead) from Morenita & Vanilla to serve with Colombian or Mexican hot chocolate (best served in our hand painted crockery!)
WE HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO JOIN IN THESE CELEBRATIONS WITH YOUR FAMILY!
ADD COLOURS, TEXTURE AND TRY NEW FOOD!
CHOOSE ONE OF OUR SPECIALLY CURATED KITS TO HAVE THE BEST FUN AT HOME!