- Latinas Christmas Fair
- Novena Bailable
- Año Viejo
- Tuesday Storytime
- Boxing Day
- Collaboration Program
- Virtual Shopping
Countdown to Colombian Christmas!
Everything you need to celebrate Christmas with Colombian flair!
Share your Christmas gift list with us - we have something for everyone, including those tricky teenagers and men who have everything.
While you're at it, make your own Christmas gift wish list to give to family and friends!
Check out our crockery, tablecloths and placemats to make your Christmas feast full of colour.
LATINAS CHRISTMAS FAIR 7 - 31 DEC
INDOOR MARKET EMPOWERING MIGRANT WOMEN IN BUSINESS
Casa Bonita Lifestyle is not a normal retail shop 🌈
Casa Bonita is a Cultural and Empowerment Hub that creates opportunities for artisans in South America, migrant women in Australia and Latinas in Business!!
Visit Casa Bonita to give opportunities, support women and and create social change!
OFFICIAL LAUNCH FIESTA
7TH DEC 6PM CANDLE'S DAY!
To apply for a stall
Collaboration with @reconectateoz
COLOMBIAN CHRISTMAS EVENTS COMING UP
- 7 Dec: Dia de las velitas/ Candle's Day
NOVENA BAILABLE 18 DEC
AÑO VIEJO OR OLD YEAR DOLL
- 28th Dec - 31st Dec: Latin American end of the year. Old Year Doll or Año Viejo, is the main character to show off on the streets and are used in many places to symbolically leave behind bad things from the previous year. Traditionally, this involved burning effigies full of firecrackers or pockets of gunpowder, but for safety reasons, the practice has evolved into something less spectacular but no less important. Below you can find a video of how intense and exciting this celebration can be.
Learn more in this guide. This year all our community may want to burn 2020!
PURCHASE YOUR KITS HERE
TUESDAY STORY TIME
BRINGING TOGETHER MIGRANT WRITERS OR MULTICULTURAL BOOK SELLERS
Every Tuesday in December we are hosting our multicultural story time for kids promoting diversity and literature
Next Storytime -Grab your diary and write down 11am Tuesday 22 December because your kids won't want to miss story time with AMAL ABOU-EID!
Amal is a passionate educator and very busy mother to 3 young boys. Living in Melbourne, Amal is surrounded by people of various faiths and cultures. She hopes her books will give Muslim children stories they can relate to and identify with, while educating inspiring others to share their own stories, too.
Stick around after story time as Amal will help us with our traditional Colombian novena at 12pm.
We have something special prepared for you... it's a surprise so follow us on Facebook and Instagram to hear all about it!!
Check our Newsletter here
We have created our virtual shopping to take you into a really unique cultural shopping experience from the comfort of your own home!
- Browse virtually before shopping - a suggestion for the new retail COVID normal
- Enjoy our one of a kind collections exclusive to our shop
- Find the perfect accessories and home decorations with our personalised service
- Place bespoke orders
Covid Save Events
Keep physical distance | Mask on | Sanitise | Cashless